Loving LATAM: why is so important to be regional
This approach shares impressions and lived experiences about the importance of having a great team in Latin America of our own.
What we learn over time is that it takes us about a year to learn a new job. New chair, new desk, and new experiences. When I started at the agency, I realized after a while that one of our strengths was the possibility of working regionally. That is, to have ourown office structure, with our own employees. Something that may seem normal in any company, right? Or so it seems at first. But stop! Let´s think a little bit about it, because a lot of agencies in LATAM say that are regional, but they work with partners, or other companies from a holding. Is not the same!
When we work in the commercial area of an agency, we begin to realize that everything that seems normal really makes a big difference when it comes to providing excellent service with a price that is attractive to the corporate market. Because in the last five or six years the business landscape in Latin America has changed a lot, and that has impacted the way companies do marketing and communication.
I want to share with you the five reasons that I have discovered and that explain the importance of having our own presence throughout the region:
1. Companies entered a strong rampage towards efficiency: every dollar that is invested has to be justified. Is no longer worth investing in marketing because of nothing. And it has also affected communication and public relations. Then we need to demonstrate efficiency, flexibility, accuracy. And that is easier if you have your own people in Latin America.
2. Cost leadership: do you want to sell? I have news for you. The customer will demand the best service in the world, at the price of coins. Efficiency, efficiency and more budgetary efficiency. This seems to be another of the new century mantras. If you can't control your costs, good luck! And with your regional structure, you'll be one step away from achieving it.
3. Solve it now !: Time is money, and more than ever. Therefore, nothing to go around the things you need to change in your project. And here we all know: it is not possible to quickly resolve the issues if we do not have our regional team. It is not the same to ask permission (from a partner), than to ask for answers and quick solutions. (to the structure itself).
4. Flexibility: today the business and hiring models have changed, hand in hand with labor flexibility in each country. And of course for the drastic (down) change in marketing and communication budgets. An organization that works in a cluster-mode, allows to be more dynamic when allocating resources, distributing workload and offering a more performant organization to the client.
5. Be multicultural: we are Latin America, we speak the same language, but we live different types of Spanish. Our words, gestures, modes, are different in each country of LATAM. Therefore, if you have teams in each country that are your own, you will achieve a capillarity and accuracy in your communication that surely other agencies do not have.
All this could be achieved by MARKETCROSS after 24 years of effort, dedication to the client and much love for what he does every day. It has not been easy. Now we can see Latin America as a whole country with its slight differences in each region. It was not copy and paste: because in life, nothing that lasts or matters is simple.
But it was worth it.